Skip to content
As Soon as Possible
- Talk to your neighbors!! It’s scary and tough, but it’s important to get your neighbors on board in advance.
- Read beginner books.
- Take our classes.
- Get your hive ready – fully assembled and painted.
- Locate and set up your hive on the hive stand. Bees need water – think about where they will drink. If you provide a good water source, they won’t be inclined to fly over to your neighbor’s pool or fountains.
- Study/rehearse the bee installation method (package or nuc).
- Get ready.
- Get all your stuff, and place the hive on your sturdy hive stand.
- Test drive your gear and the smoker.
- Arrange for a mentor if you want help with installing your bees.
- Order your package / nuc(s).
- Get a package or nuc and install into the hive.
- Start feeding.
- Adding more room using “supers”.
- Harvesting honey.