Make a bee friendly lawn Homeowners use up to 10 times more insecticide and herbicide per acre of lawn compared to farmers growing crops. You can create a lawn that has a mix of grasses and flowers to help bees, while still preserving the beauty of your home. When done properly, a bee lawn has many benefits:
- Attracts pollinators and other beneficial insects.
- It requires less water than a traditional grass lawn.
- It needs less fertilizer and herbicide treatment.
- You don’t need to mow as often.
- It looks more attractive than an all grass lawn.