Check out our 2023 Class Schedule! This is a great way to get started on your beekeeping journey.
Sorry for the delay, but the weather this winter has really spun us around!
Learn how to catch swarms!
Swarm season is just around the corner!
It finally looks like we have a break in the weather, so come and learn of some of the many different ways to successfully respond to a swarm call, catch and house a swarm.
Upon attending the class, we will be updating the GBA swarm callout list, in preparation for the upcoming season.
This is an opportunity to obtain some “free-bees”; knowledge, along with some helpful tactics.
See you there!!!
11:00 AM Saturday, March 25th
GBA Club Apiary
Pajaro Ag Preserve
4945 Frazier Lake Road
- South on 101
- Exit 356: CA 152 / 10th St: Turn left (east).
- Turn right (south) on Frazier Lake Road
- The Preserve is approx 1.5 miles south on Frazier Lake Road on the right-hand side (west side of the road).
- A bright yellow GBA shirt will mark the gate.
A couple of interesting links for you:
Wings of Nature Bees
Collaborates with Melanie Kirby.
Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education. Farmer-driven innovations in agriculture that improve profitability, stewardship and quality of life.
We certainly needed rain this year, but not this much!! All the rain, and the unseasonably cold (snow!) weather in March, has delayed the delivery of our Nucs. All of you who ordered Nucs please hang in there… as soon as we see a predicted break in the weather we will schedule the pickup day. We are hoping for Saturday, March 25th…
Thanks for your patience.
Wow, we are having some very unexpected weather!
We need the rain! However, some of our club events are on hold until we have some sunshine. Updates:
- Nuc Delivery – postponed. Everyone who has ordered a Nuc will receive updates when we see a break in the weather.
- Beginner Class – postponed. The class coincides with Nuc pickups. It will be scheduled as soon as we have a break in the weather.
- Swarm Class – tentatively scheduled for Saturday, March 25 at the club apiary. Look for email updates closer to the event date.
- Apiary Work Days – check with Steve Mink.