Thank you for your interest, but Nucs are sold out!
Gilroy Beekeepers Association is a 501c3 Non-Profit Educational Organization devoted to educating and assisting backyard beekeepers in South Santa Clara county, and educating the public about the importance of pollinators. We greatly appreciate any donation you can provide. All contributions are tax-deductible.
Donations go towards:
- Classes and hands-on beekeeper educational events.
- Promoting pollinators with habitat and plantings.
- Educational events at local schools and fairs.
- Beekeeping mentorship.
- Social and educational events.
Thank you again for your generous contribution.
GBA is proud to announce that we will be offering a limited number of nucs for sale to our members.
- The nucs are 5-frame healthy, treated, nucs in a Pro Nuc box.
- Each nuc comes with a laying queen, workers, food stores, eggs, larvae, and capped brood.
- Price is $245.00 each, limit two per member.
- Nucs are tentatively available for pickup in late February to March, weather dependent.
- Sales are limited to current GBA members only. You must:
- Be a new member registered after July 1, 2023.
- A continuing member who has renewed their membership for 2024 here.
- Please give everyone in the club a chance to purchase. Limit your order to two Nucs max for now. Once we are sure all members have been taken care of in March, we will welcome purchasing additional quantities.
- Nucs cannot be opened for inspection on the day of pick-up.
- Have your hive and equipment ready before pick-up. It is important to install the Nuc as soon as possible.
- The Nuc must be installed immediately after pick-up. If it’s your first time the GBA strongly recommends attending the "Beekeeping for Beginners" class to ensure the success of your colony. Please check our website in February for class schedules.
- Please return the ProNuc box to GBA as soon as possible.
Here are some of the exciting things coming for our members in 2023:
- More in-person meetings. It will be great to see each other in person!
- Classes. We plan to have a four-course series “Getting Through the First Year”, and a free, introductory “Becoming a Beekeeper” classes. Click here for details.
- Social Hive Dives. We meet at a member’s apiary, work with the bees, and hang out and share some food and drink. It’s a great opportunity to ask questions and get some hands-on experience. See the Calendar for more information.
- Nucs. Club members are first in line for Nucs from the club apiary. This will be an easy way to get a healthy, established colony at a good price.
- Club Apiary. Thanks to Steve Mink's efforts, GBA has a club apiary just south of Gilroy. We will be having regular events and classes here, as well as raising Nucs.
- Mutual support and mentor visits.
Join us! Please become a GBA member!
NOTE: we have a 3 month "grace period". If you registered after Oct 1, then you are registered for the next calendar year. For example, if you registered after Oct 1, 2022, then you are registered for all of 2023.